Maine Medical Center’s Department of Vocational Services is pleased to offer another free webinar:
COVID-19 and SSI/SSDI Benefits
July 8, 2020
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Register here by July 1. Zoom invitation will be sent to all accepted participants by July 6.
This free webinar is for Maine service providers and Maine SSI/SSDI beneficiaries who want to learn how public benefits are impacted by the recent COVID-19 economic recovery bills. We will address topics such as:
· Are SSI/SSDI beneficiaries eligible for Unemployment Insurance?
· How does Unemployment Insurance impact public benefits?
· How do Economic Impact Payments impact public benefits?
· How do SSI/SSDI beneficiaries get their Economic Impact Payment?
· Can MaineCare health insurance close during COVID-19?
· What Social Security services are currently impacted By COVID-19?
· Reporting job changes to benefits agencies
· Trusted websites for COVID-19 information about public benefits
Presenter: Stephanie Desrochers is the Program Coordinator for Benefits Counseling Services, a statewide service to help Maine SSI/SSDI beneficiaries understand how working affects their Social Security disability and other public benefits. For more information, visit www.benefitsandworkinme.org or call 1-888-208-8700.